UPSC Civil Services Exam 2021
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has announced notification for the recruitment of UPSC Civil Service (Prelims) Exam 2021 Vacancies . All candidates are requested to carefully read the Rules of Civil Services Examination notified by the Government (Department of Personnel and Training) and this Notice of Examination derived from these Rules.
|Post Name||UPSC Civil Services (Prelims) Exam|
The Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to examination. Their admission to all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of e-Admit Card to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission. The Commission takes up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidate has qualified for Interview/Personality Test.
UPSC Civil Services Application Fee
|SC/ ST/ Female & PwBD Candidates||Nil|
|Payment Mode||Branch of SBI by cash/ Net Banking/ Credit/ Debit card|
As we know, UPSC provides you with civil servants, this is the best work in India. The civil service exam is conducted in three stages, the first phase of the prelims test, the second mains examination and the third interview. UPSC conducts an exam annually. Millions of Indian students are preparing for civil service exams.
All dates related to the UPSC exam are mentioned below. If you are thinking to apply then please keep these dates in your mind.
- Online Application Starting Date : 01-03-2021
- Last Date to Online Application : 24-03-2021
- Last Date for Fee Payment (by cash) : 23-03-2021
- Last Date for Fee Payment (Online) : 24-03-2021
- Online application Withdrawn : 31-03-2021 to 06-04-2021
- Civil Service (Pre) Exam : 27-06-2021
Age Limit (as on 01-08-2021)
|Minimum Age||Maximum Age|
|21 Years||32 Years|
- Applicants must have Degree from a recognized University.
UPSC Civil Services 2021
|Civil Service (Prelims) Exam||712|
UPSC Eligibility Conditions
- For the Indian Administrative Service, the Indian Foreign Service and the Indian Police Service, a candidate must be a citizen of India.
- For other services, a candidate must be either:—
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Government of India.
UPSC Civil Services Age Limits
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the 1st of August, 2021 i.e., the candidate must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1989 and not later than 1st August, 2000.
- The upper age-limit prescribed above will be relaxable:
- up to a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
- up to a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
- up to a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services Personnel, disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.
- up to a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2021 and have been released:
- up to a maximum of five years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service as on 1st August, 2021 and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and that they will be released on three months notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of
- up to a maximum of 10 years in the case of candidates belonging to Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) categories viz.
Number of attempts
Every candidate appearing at the examination who is otherwise eligible, shall be permitted six (6) attempts at the CSE. However, relaxation in the number of attempts will be available to the SC/ST/OBC and PwBD category candidates who are otherwise eligible. The number of attempts available to such candidates as per relaxation is as under:
|Unlimited||09||09 for GL/EWS/OBC OR |
Unlimited for SC/ST
Note‐I : The terms – GL for General, EWS for Economically Weaker Sections, SC for Scheduled Castes, ST for Scheduled Tribes, OBC for Other Backward Classes and PwBD for Persons with Benchmark Disability – are used for denoting the categories of candidates taking an attempt at the Examination.
Note‐II : An attempt at a Preliminary Examination shall be deemed to be an attempt at the Civil Services Examination.
Note‐III : If a candidate actually appears in any one paper in the Preliminary Examination, it will be deemed that the candidate has made an attempt at the Examination.
Note‐IV : Notwithstanding any subsequent disqualification/cancellation of candidature, the fact of appearance of the candidate at the Examination will count as an attempt.
Interested Candidates Can Read Carefully Full Notification Before Apply Online.
|Apply Online||Part-I | Part-II|
|Complete Syllabus||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click here|
We will always provide you with every detail of all govt exams, whether it is a state or a central government exams. Regularly visit our website to learn more about any government exams.
If you have any queries regarding to UPSC Civil Services Exam Dates for prelims or mains examinations do comment and share this information with all other students.